Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Abstract The Mrs. Fremont Older Photograph Collection, 1854-1965, consists of photographs collected by author and historian Cora Miranda Baggerly Older (commonly referred to as Mrs. Fremont Older). The bulk of the collection consists of photographs of San Francisco, as well as various other sites in California, the CA missions and portraits of noted Californians. The collection consists of one series: Series I. Photographs.
Dates: 1854-1965, & undated
Overview The Reid Family Papers,1827-1961 (bulk 1846-1916), document the personal and professional lives of several members of the Reid family. This collection includes material related to Bernard J. Reid’s 1849 overland journey to California from Missouri, including his personal diary from the trip. The records consist of correspondence, business documents, poetry, journals, annotated books, photographs, newspaper clippings, and maps. This collection is arranged into four series: Series I. Bernard J....
Dates: 1827-1961 (bulk 1846-1916)
Abstract The Arthur D. Spearman, S.J. Papers, 1824-1977 (1955-1975), documents the life of priest, author, and former University Archivist Father Arthur D. Spearman, S.J. The bulk of the collection consists of subject files and photographs used by Fr. Spearman for his historical research. Fr. Spearman was an avid collector of materials related to his many research interests, including mission history, the history of Santa Clara Valley, Santa Clara University, Native Americans, Jesuits, and his family...
Dates: 1824-1977 (bulk 1955-1975)
Abstract The Gabrielle Sullivan, SNDdeN Papers, 1890-1994 (bulk 1959-1979), document the research of Sr. Gabrielle Sullivan, SNDdeN (Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur) and her investigations of the Murphy family. The records consist of research materials and correspondence related to the Murphy family and Sullivan’s academic work. This collection is arranged into one series: Series I. Sr. Gabrielle Sullivan, SNDdeN Research Materials, 1890-1994 (bulk 1959-1979).
Dates: 1890-1994 (bulk 1959-1979)
- Subject: Pioneers -- California X
- Pioneers -- California 3
- California -- History -- Archival resources 2
- Californios 2
- Missions -- California 2
- Santa Clara University -- History 2
- Santa Clara Valley (Santa Clara County, Calif.) 2
- Aeronautics 1
- California -- History -- 19th century -- Archival resources 1
- Education, Higher -- California -- San Jose 1
- Franciscans -- California 1
- Indians of North America -- Missions -- California -- Archival resources 1
- Jesuits -- History 1
- Ohlone Indians -- Missions -- California 1
- Pioneers -- California -- Biography 1
- San Francisco (Calif.) -- History 1 ∧ less
- Santa Clara College (Calif.) 3
- Santa Clara University (Calif.) 3
- University of Santa Clara 3
- Spearman, Arthur D. 2
- Catalá, Magin, 1761-1830 1
- Santa Clara Mission 1 ∧ less